Fill a regular volunteer position at HUHA's animal shelter or at one of our op shops and help to make a difference in the lives of animals
HUHA is run largely by our team of incredible volunteers and we are always looking for new people to join our team.
HUHA couldn’t fund or do the actual work to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome animals in need without the support of an incredible team of volunteers across all areas of our organisation. We are always on the lookout for dedicated volunteers to join our team because together we can save more lives!
Volunteering for HUHA can be a big commitment, but it is hugely rewarding too. Volunteer requirements:
- motivated, reliable and willing to get amongst it
- have genuine passion and compassion for animals and serving the community
- embrace and model HUHA’s values while volunteering
- regular volunteers need to be able to commit to weekly or fortnightly shifts for at least 6 months
- if you’re volunteering at the shelters or op shops, be over 18 years old with a reliable source of transport
Note: some volunteer tasks require heavy lifting and agility 💪 and some shelter tasks can get very messy 💩.
Throughout the year there will be opportunities to volunteer on a one-off basis at working bees, street appeals and other events. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all things HUHA.